1st - 31st December
Yep, I'm home. Nobody saw that coming! Before that though I did cause a bit of an incident in Kuala Lumpur airport on the way back!
In that airport they check your ticket and go into another room before you board the plane. That way they can check they have everyone and they don't need to be calling people who are late etc. So I go into this other lounge and I still have an hour to go before we board so I found myself a quite spot and lie down. I thought I'd risk closing me eyes for a few minutes. There are people around me and I've got ages I'm thinking.
Two seconds later I wake up to an empty room! Panic! I run to the door that everyone has gone through and they just about closing the doors. They all seem startled when they see me. "Where were you?" they ask. There's a lot of quick chatting and not all in English before they rush me down the gangway which is pulling away from the plane. I can actually see the plane shrinking away and I'm thinking that's it! I'm screwed! There's more frantic chatting and the guy is hitting buttons on the phone and they keep asking me where I was. I think they might have got in trouble for not checking the room properly or something because there were a lot of worried faces around me.
They reattach the gangway to the plane and I manage to get on. I was sat in row 72 so I had 71 rows of people that's 10 wide all staring at my big red face! I was certainly awake after all that. Not making that mistake again!!!
 |
| The really exciting BT Tower |
I arrived in London on the 1st and I had a few hours to kill so I put my bag in a storage place and went for a wander. I was hoping to find a landmark or two but I didn't have a map or a phone so the BT tower was the best I could do. I caught the train back to Lancaster and let myself in at Dad's house.
About an hour later Dad arrived home. I threw open the front door and yelled surprise and I think he shat himself. Thought I was a burglar.
 |
| Back in Lancaster |
It was fun surprising everyone. Sandra was happy to see me and Mum had a complete breakdown! I went around to Marc's and he just seemed confused. Laura screamed a bit when she saw me sat in her living room when she came home from work but not as much as Leanne when she found out. I had to hold the phone at arms length!
 |
| Ye old work place |
I went to Leeds the first weekend in December so that I could surprise all my friends there before the secret was out. I met up with Rob who was very surprised to see me and together we went to The Original Oak to see some of my old work mates. From there we organised a very last minute get together. I had planned to spend the whole weekend going around and visiting people as they became free but almost everyone came to the pub to see me which was really nice!
 |
| Leeds Reunion |
I attempted some Christmas shopping in the brand spanking Trinity Shopping Centre which is very flash but it didn't go very well. Jet lag was still an issue and its such an arse to deal with. I didn't help that I was ill in the first week back which made it take longer to get over it.
 |
| New Sexy Shopping Centre |
It was great catching up with everyone in Leeds. It seemed so normal to be amongst them again as if I'd never been gone at all. Its reassuring really as one of the reasons I came home was that I felt I was losing my connection with them.
 |
| Accident! |
The same came be said for my friends in Lancaster. After returning from Leeds I went out for tea with Marc, Laura and Laura's boyfriend. Me and Marc went for one more drink after the meal which turned into shots, karaoke and going to Sugerhouse! I didn't mean to go out. It was an accident. Marc's a bad influence!
 |
Baby Byron
|
There were more reasons to come home too. I've had two nephews born since I was away who I had to meet. I met Byron in the first week who seemed quite comfortable with me which is nice because children are often scared of me for some reason!
 |
| Back in the Snow! |
My other nephew lived up in Durham so on the second weekend I went over the very snowy hills to my brothers house to meet Harry. I think he was having teething issues the day I met him but the next day he seemed very playful. He'll probably be at school the next time I see him!
 |
| Smile! |
 |
| finally got one together |
 |
| Mighty Shrimps |
I suppose another reason to come home would be the mighty Morecambe FC. I've definitely lost touch with football since I've been gone. Especially the last year so it was great to go back to the Globe Area and watch us win 3-0! It was great catching up with Joel too.
 |
| Morecambe front |
There wasn't much going on in the third week. Everyone was busy with jobs and stuff so I found myself a little bored and took to re-planning me Australian roadtrip. I did go for a nice walk down Morecambe Prom though.
 |
| PICTURE! |
I took another trip to Leeds for much pizza, beer and Halo sessions! We all went out for food as a Christmas meal/leaving thing. Once again it was really nice to catch up with everyone. It was just like old times and I had to say goodbye already!
 |
| Christmas!!! |
The main reason for coming home was obviously, Christmas! I've actually had two great Christmas's away from home but, for good or bad, its not like Christmas at home!
 |
| Santa's been! |
 |
| Erm? |
Whether that be inappropriate dinner conversations about questionable wine stoppers or listening to old people complain about the cold when you're sweating you're arse off!
 |
| Presents!! |
I spent most of the afternoon wrestling with Byron which was a lot of fun. Until he smelled and I handed him back to the parents!
 |
| Family photo! |
There was still time for more reunions before I went again. I met Stefan in town for a catchup and I saw a few more people at Laura's birthday meal. There was a couple of people at that meal I hadn't seen for years before I even left the country.
 |
| More peeps |
It was really great being home catching up with everyone, reminding people that I'm alive and telling people what I've been up to for the last 2 years 3 months. It was nice know that whenever, or I suppose IF ever I come home then I'll be able to just carry on like before.
For now, though, I say goodbye to England. I'm about to jump on a plane to Sydney for round 2!
 |
| Last night at home! |
It was fab having you home Bro! !! Maybe next time I'll be able to come visit you where ever you are :)
ReplyDelete