9th-10th July 2016
 |
| On the move again |
After an intense few days Dave and I were able to relax a little bit on the train from Budapest to Prague. It wasn't a busy train either so we could spread out. I spent most of the time trying to sort out the many pictures I had been taking from the last few places.
We continued with the relaxed theme when we arrived in Prague early evening. We checked into our hostel before finding a place to get some food and a beer. We found that people in the Czech Republic give good head. We had a few drinks that night at a couple of different places. Drinks were surprisingly cheap.
 |
| What is this?! |
 |
| The Dalek train station |
The next morning feeling fully refreshed we went into the centre of Prague to explore. We got the underground and we somehow seemed to stumble inside a Dalek.
 |
| Old town |
We headed towards the Old Town with a new tactic for exploring a city. We had been trying to see everything there is to see in each place but it had been exhausting. From this point on we vowed to just see the highlights and not tire ourselves out too much. With this in mind we mostly just wandered around to see what we could find.
 |
| Extravagant sex toy |
One such place we stumbled across was the sex toy museum. There were a couple of interesting things in the entrance but it was expensive to go in to the actual museum so instead, we just had a go on the love tester machine.
 |
| Test your sex bomb rating |
On a scale of burning desire to frozen I got cold. It could have been worse, Dave was frozen!
 |
| Old town square |
In the centre of Prague is the historical Old Town Square. There was a lot going on here and it was very busy. There were buskers everywhere, living statues and a guy blowing big bubbles for kids to chase.
 |
| BUBBLES! |
 |
| Clock Tower |
In the corner of the square is the worlds oldest working astronomical clock. Its over 600 years old! It looks very complicated. I latched onto a tourist group where their guide was explaining what it all means. It was so busy I couldn't quite catch what he was saying and people kept walking into me so I left and never found out.
 |
| Worlds most complicated clock |
 |
| Weird cars |
As we walked around we noticed that the richer tourist were being chauffeured around in all kinds of old fashioned cars including a very old converted fire engine. We opted to walk with the rest of the peasants.
 |
| Another square |
 |
| Apple shop |
On our wanderings we came this small store that really reflected the culture of Prague and gave us in insight into how it was like to live hear. Not really, it was an Apple store which had a really amusing quote in the window.
 |
| SWEETS! |
Next to it was a sweet shop which looked traditional but I don't think it was. I couldn't help but get myself a bag with a selection of sweets. I think it came to €12. I felt like I'd been robbed!
 |
| Vltava River |
 |
| The Charles Bridge |
The next highlight is the famous Charles Bridge which would look amazing if it wasn't for the excessive crowd. We couldn't see it for people. I think if you could get here early morning you might be able to get some nice pictures with all the statues but by mid afternoon we had no chance.
 |
| Shuffling along |
 |
| A busy bridge |
 |
| Clean Bandit wannabes |
There were a group of musicians playing modern songs on traditional instruments Clean Bandit style. They were actually pretty good. We sat on the wall and watched for a while until the sheer volume of people made us want to leave.
 |
| More of the river |
 |
| Heading up to the castle |
 |
| Prague |
 |
| St. Vitus Cathedral |
We went up the hill to Prague Castle the highlight of which is St Vitus Cathedral which is massive. There was a long queue to get in but we thought it would be worth it. The outside was very gothic and some of the statues wouldn't look out of place in a horror film. Maybe a Dracula horror film.
 |
| What is it?! |
 |
| Huge |
 |
| Very impressive |
 |
| Prague |
We checked out the great view over the city before heading back down the hill and wandering along the river. We came across a culture park which had some very unusual statues. This one had moving parts!
 |
| Statues taking a piss |
 |
| What's happened to its face! |
 |
| Dancing House |
Dave was obsessed about seeing the Dancing House which, admittedly, looks cool but once you've seen it then that's it.
Overall, I enjoyed Prague. We hadn't overdone it like we had in Vienna and Budapest and we were able to enjoy it more. Plus the weather was still excellent.
 |
| I want to play in the river |
We went out for dinner again that evening. I love Eastern Europe's cheapness! Then we went back to the hostel with a couple of beers to watch the Euro 2016 final Portugal vs France. This was the most boring match in international football history. My GOD it was dull. Ronaldo did cry though which is a highlight of any tournament.
After the life had been drained out of us from watching the match we went to bed. Tomorrow we would be off again to the most Easterly destination we visited in Europe, Krakow.
No comments:
Post a Comment