Thursday, 29 May 2014

A Franz Josef Encore

8th - 12th May 2014

I had only been away for 10 days so I really didn't expect much to have changed and it hadn't. Nor did I expect any kind of welcome back party. If anything I was kind of embarrassed having made a bit of a thing at my leaving party with the whole "its my last night in town so you have to come out" thing only to turn up at the end of the following week. Most peoples response was to say "You're back!" and I answered everyone the same. I'M NOT BACK I'M JUST VISITING! I had been ready and happy to leave so I had no intention of staying in town more than the three nights I had planned and I didn't.

I checked into my own room (thanks Oscar) and went around to say hello to everyone. I saw Mark who invited me to a meal at King Tiger for his 40th birthday that day so I managed to get one more Butter Chicken with Garlic Naan which I was very pleased about. Oscar, Mel, Hayley and Becky were also there at the meal so it was nice to catch up with all of them and hear stories of old staff and Oscar's tale of a man who died on his boat when travelling the Mekong river into Laos, something that I'm planning to do. Apparently they just put a sheet over him until they docked.

From there we went to a very empty Monsoon bar, winter season well and truly kicking in now! I had a few shots and a few beers but I had a relatively early night having spent all day on a bus.

Darren and Tara failing at a strawpedo
The next night was a bit more of a party with it being Jug Night and Tara and Darren's leaving party. They were heading off to Indonesia for a month but weren't entirely sure if they were coming back so a Ski Run was done. Fernando positively wet himself with excitement!

Fernando had a small accident
Ski Run!
The third night there was another event to attend. Fernando was cooking food for the staff at the YHA as part of a 'Come Dine With Me' thing they were doing amongst themselves but Fernando invited half the town at the jug night so quite a few people came. He cooked tonnes of food and it was all really really good. There must have been 20 or people there all sat around. Everyone was a bit hungover and not really up for a party. Emily and Alisha were freaking out a bit because they thought no one was having any fun but everyone was quite happy.

I said all my goodbyes (again) and left Franz for the last time (probably) and headed south the next day. It had been nice to see everyone again and it seemed like a much nicer way to leave rather than be carried out the back door because of a severely injured foot whilst throwing up everywhere! This time I actually remember saying bye to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment