Franz Josef is so small that the entire town is two roads with a couple of interconnecting streets. Its the place where everyone knows each other. I was now getting to know everyone so if I were to nip to the shops then I would probably have about 3 or 4 conversations with people on the way. But there is more to Franz Josef than just the town and as the spring rains were easing I could go out exploring.
I thought it was a about time I went and saw the glacier again as it had been a while. Just to check it hadn't all melted away yet!
![]() |
| Glacier Valley |
![]() |
| Just a few rocks to scramble over |
The path through the lose rocks is really stable and easy to follow so why you need a guide I'll never know. I took it really easy just in case the whole thing gave way but when I saw the bumbling asian tourists stomping up the hill following the guide I realised it was perfectly safe!
![]() |
| The WHOLE glacier |
| Awesome! |
| Epic! |
| Mountains! |
| Up the creek with a paddle! |
| Lake or mirror? |
| Living dangerously |
![]() |
| Contiki roast without costumes! |
![]() |
| Professor Chaos! |
Monkey the Coniki driver was dressed as a roadworks guy. They have a very different attitude towards roadworks here in New Zealand then they do at home! Gavin reused his Halloween outfit and went as Jesus again.
![]() |
| Hero? |
![]() |
| Super team! |
![]() |
| Argh! |
![]() |
| Don't do it! |
![]() |
| Mexican |
![]() |
| Greymouth - grey |
![]() |
| Hoki Gorge |
![]() |
| Blue! |
![]() |
| Bluer |
![]() |
| Another awesome sunset |
![]() |
| not a bad view |
![]() |
| Exploring |
![]() |
| greeny |
![]() |
| bridge |
![]() |
| another bridge |
![]() |
| Gorge |
![]() |
| River |
![]() |
| Random waterfall |
![]() |
| The sky is falling! |
![]() |
| other side of the tunnel |
![]() | |
| scary place |
![]() |
| Glowworms! |
![]() |
| Another river |
![]() |
| Gavin, Tyler, Mel, Vicky, Hayley |
![]() |
| aaaannnd Becky |
Chrismas is on its way...






























No comments:
Post a Comment