23rd -24th June 2013
Ok, so its not the Trans Siberian Express but I've never been on a train for the more than 5 hours before so it seemed quite epic and warrants its on blog! The train from Bundaberg to Cairns would take me 24 hours so with it being overnight I thought it was going to be pretty horrendous as I only bought a seat and not a bed. I was wrong.
 |
| A very long train |
The train had a restaurant car where you could sit down for a proper meal (1st class only), a diner car for meals for the rest of the passengers plus a lounge area. Even the passenger cars where everyone sat had a shower at the end and seats that lent quite far back so you could get a reasonable nights sleep.
 |
| Diner car |
 |
| Lounge car |
I spent most of the journey on the sofas in the lounge area watching TV and playing games on my laptop as there were plug sockets there. No WiFi though which was probably the only thing they didn't have!
 |
| Supermoon |
I had a good view of the supermoon that night too. It was really bright. I got a decent sleep and felt quite refreshed after my morning shower!
 |
| Nearing Cairns |
So I left the farm behind and headed for warmer weather in Cairns where I would meet up with old friends and make many new ones for my last stint in Australia (at least on my first year visa!)
No comments:
Post a Comment