I've wondered what Australia Day would be like, whether or not the Aussies are all that bothered about it. It seems 50/50. A lot don't seem bothered about it but the ones that do celebrate it seem to put a lot of effort in.
Happy Australia Day
We went down to Glenelg beach for the day where they were trying to
break a world record with thongs. Unfortunately it wasn't the type of
thongs girls wear, it was an inflatable version of the ones you wear on
your feet. The idea was to get as many people floating on the water as
possible. It was $30 to enter so we didn't do it but Hollie and her cousins did.
Ready for the thong challenge
Pretending to be involved
It was a complete disaster. I stood watching as hundreds of people entered the water and attempt to stay on their thong. It was really windy so the waves were sizeable and every time someone fell off their thong would blew all the way back to shore. It was a cold wind as well so everyone was freezing,
We went back to the hostel before tea as me and Charlie had started working at the hostel doing various cleaning jobs for free accommodation. As it was a big day we had to work on the bar collecting glasses. The bar is on the balcony which looks out onto the main road and is open to the public. There was a big parade down the street below. As I was working I didn't get to see very much of it but from what I did see it was a bit naff. A bunch of people in various costumes just walking down the street in almost silence.
The parade on King William St
That night the balcony bar had a big party. A proper DJ and lots of people dancing around. I can't tell you the amount of glass I had to sweep up! I finished at 1am and was going to join in the fun with Ben, Mel and Hollie who were already on the balcony but a few minutes before I finished a licensing man came in and shut us down. The moron of a manager that runs this place hadn't looked into what he can and cannot do in the bar. He was only allowed 130 people on the balcony and there was way more than that.
I call him a moron coz he hates people! Well all guys anyway. Any attractive girls and he starts sleezing on to them shamelessly. The only good thing about him is that he isn't around all that much.
Drinks
I ended up having a lot of alcohol in a short space of time so ended up quite drunk and it was a good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment