Friday, 9 November 2012

Making plans

9th - 11th September 2012

Sunday was very much a rest day after the hectic week we had just had and thoughts turned on what to do next so a bunch of us were sat in Ultimate Oz HQ all afternoon looking at jobs, houses and campervans. I spent all day doing a Travellers At Work profile. Took forever and I was very hungover which didn't help.

A few of us went for a drink that night and I must have looked haggered coz I was refused entry to one place and refused service in another. I wasn't even drunk! When we came back I found Mark, Shelly, Beckie, Frank and Brandon having a 'gathering' in their room after spending all day drinking on a boat. I joined them only to be disturbed by the security guard telling us all to go back to our rooms. It was 11.30 and all of us had been kept up all week by people having parties in there room until 3-4am and nothing had been done about it so we were all a little pissed off. The bouncer was an absolute bell end as well. He squared up to Mark and offered to fight him outside. Professional then! We went down to reception to complain about the situation and the bouncer but they were less than helpful. I left them in their room where they wanted to continue the party and the next day they weren't allowed to extend there stay!

Monday came and peoples plans started to take shape. My orignal plan was to stay and work in Sydney until Novemeber and then travel to Cairns for the total eclipse but as almost everyone was leaving Sydney I thought I would alter my plan a little. Me, Charlie and Hollie fancied staying together so we started looking for farmwork as a 3 as Charlie was low on cash and needed work asap. It quickly became appararent that it were unlikely to get all 3 of us in one place and i'd rather do fruit picking than farm work anyway. Not an animal lover really. Hollie decided she would go with Ben, Angela, Mel and Kelly down to Melbourne which became my plan C but i wasnt keen on that either. It was still cold down south and I wanted to be there in March for the GP.

Plan D came in the form of an invitation from Mark on Tuesday. He, Beckie, Adam, Shelly, Frank, Dennis and Brandon were hiring campers and driving up north. 7 was an odd number as a camper would take 3 people so he asked me if I wanted to join Dennis is the 3rd camper. I was a little apprehensive at first as I hadn't hung out with any of them all that much but as they doing what I wanted to do and going where I wanted to be eventually I said yes. A good decision!

We made our plans, booked our campers and said our goodbyes that night. It was sad to leave everyone as I was just getting to know them but we had decided we would all meet up again at Christmas back in Sydney which I am very much looking forward to. But we were about to spend 16 days driving from Sydney to Cairns which was much more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment