What a journey! So epically long and exhausting but totatlly worth it!
I left my house at 11am Thursday 30th August 2012 to embark on the biggest and scariest adventure of my life. I'm told it will be the best thing I have ever done and I will return a different person. I will have to wait and see of that's true but it was very VERY exciting!
The first leg of my journey was from Manchester airport to Heathrow on
the smallest plane I've ever been on. Only 60 people can fit on it and it
was only a third full.
 |
| My diddy little plane from Manchester |
It was a nice surprise when we seemed to do a loop over central London. We were surprisingly low down aswell so I did a quick sightseeing tour before landing.
 |
| There wasn't a game on |
 |
| We did a loop right round the wheel |
|
When I got to Heathrow I met up with a girl called Jess who was also doing the UltimateOz intro week. By pure coincidence she ended up sitting just one row behind me. I was sat next to an Aussie couple for Adelaide who were quite chatty. My first Aussie friends! not that I'll see them ever again. Next to Jess was a young english couple, Nick and Hannah, also on their way to Sydney and when we got to Kuala Lumpur after a practically sleepless 12 hour flight we hung out for most of the 5 hour wait. We didn't leave the airport terminal so I cant really say I've seen Kuala Lumpur but the terminal seemed ok. It was shaped like a cross and in the middle there was this round open air space with a small jungle in the middle. I thought it would be nice to get some fresh air but we quickly found that it was not at all fresh, it was extremely humid so we took a few photos and went to find some food.
 |
| The middle of the KL airport terminal |
Being all adventurous with my travels I decided I would try some new foods. Well what actually happened is that everyone wanted noodles and as Malaysia was so cheap I thought I may as well try the one that had chicken in it! Think it cost me like £2.50. Plus I got some Malaysian money (Ringgits) that can find a hole in the bottom of my bag for a good while.
 |
| I cant remember what it was called but its chicken noodels |
 |
| The exchange rate is awesome! |
|
I was very impressed with the instructions on how to use the toilet. Just in case you didn't know! crazy orientals!
So I boarded my third and final flight on my way to Australia. I had a window seat so I managed to get at least a few hours of sleep but when I woke up and saw this I got extremely excited and couldn't sleep any more.
 |
| nearly there! |
I landed in Sydney on 1st September 2012 after 36 hours travelling. I was exhausted, I felt disgusting and I looked like something out of a zombie movie but it was 8am on day 1 of Big Aussie Adventure and there was no way I was going to bed!
 |
| SYDNEY! |
No comments:
Post a Comment